Voices are louder together. Toybox is involved with several initiatives that are speaking out on wider issues of injustice that affect street children.
Consortium for Street Children
- A collection of 59 UK based organisations working in 89 countries dedicated to the rights and welfare of street living children, street working children and those at high risk. Their last campaign calling for violence against street children to stop was a great success.
- Speak is a network of students and young adults who pray and campaign about issues of global injustice. Through bringing change to situations of injustice, they aim to share the love of our creator: God.
- A network of 350 international development organisations which is seeking to promote, represent and lead their work. Their current campaign 'Vote Global' is calling for the forthcoming election to make a difference to the world's poor. Check out the Vote Global website and what you can do, here.
- Toybox is part of this Christian movement which is supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals and the halving of poverty by 2015.
Global Campaign for Education
- The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is a movement to end the worldwide crisis in education which works to get world leaders to keep the promise they made in 2000, that everyone should have the chance to get an education by 2015. It has members in more than 100 countries around the world - Send My Friend to School is th UK group.